9.17.2011

super busy week!

This week has been a blast! We have done so much it's flown by!!! Last Saturday, TJ had duty on base but at about 10 am he came and picked up the squishy boy and me! We went up there and got to take a picture of our little family with TJ's jet and then we hung out with Steven, Megan, Hunter, and Bailey as well as Uncle Buck. They had all kinds of free stuff for the guys and kiddos and fun games, a splash pad, and bouncy castle for the kids to play in. They also had Famous Dave's catering the food! YUM! :) Barrett did so great! He didn't cry at all and only fussed a little bit! I'm pretty sure he was showing off for his future wife and inlaws! ;) At the end of the day, we were sitting on the grass after the Neil McCoy concert and we made Barrett and Bailey "cuddle." Haha Megan and I were laughing so hard! TJ and Steven thought we were dumb. LOL

On Sunday, the little monkey boy and I went to my parents' house and helped grandpa can! We made Spicy Peach BBQ sauce and peach jam! We also made Fiesta Salsa but that was later that evening. Sunday afternoon Katie came over for a visit and we had so much fun! She even got to give Barrett a bath! :) He was all smiles for her it was super cute! :)

The week was pretty standard. Yuck. Haha.... Daddy worked a lot and momma even worked the entire week. Yep. FIVE DAYS IN A ROW! On Friday, grandpa Hooven got to hear Barrett's laugh for the first time! :) It makes me so happy to listen to him "talk" or laugh! He really does have the sweetest voice and he completely melts my heart! I'm loving being a mommy and I am so blessed! I am enjoying every single moment and can't wait for every milestone! It just passes by too fast so I have to remind myself to cherish everything! :)

Today [Saturday] we went to grandma and grandpa hooven's again to help can! We had so much fun again! :) We found out Bob and Trish are pregnant again so it was really fun to see Beth "practice" interacting with Barrett! She decided that now she wanted a little brother instead of a little sister haha :) Derek and Valerie were there too and Valerie was loving spending time with the drool monster. We all enjoyed each others company and we made pickles and more Fiesta salsa. My dad even made pickled beets so we'll have to see how that turns out! Anyway, I'm exhausted after the busy day and after that terribly long week so I promise I will post pictures of all our activities! Hopefully tomorrow! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment