1.22.2012

Date Night!

Can I just say how thankful I am for my husband?! He is the perfect guy for me! I guess God knew what He was doing when he paired us up, eh? ;) Well anyway, tonight we were fortunate enough to get to go on a for real date! We had such a blast! I am a movie fanatic. I cannot express to you how much I love going to the movies. The popcorn, soda, the bigscreen, holding hands with my honey... man oh man you just can't beat it! Anyway, TJ actually wanted to go see the movie "Red Tails" and so did his friend Uncle Buck. {His name is Eric, but everyone calls him Uncle Buck because he looks like John Candy...} I didn't really know what it was about but hey, I'll go to a movie! So we saw that with Eric and Marsha and then we went to eat at Iggy's. All in all, the night couldn't be beat!

The movie was excellent! The story line was great [althought TJ said it wasn't exactly historically accurate] and the effects were incredible! Honestly though it made me feel kind of dumb. I am not dumb at all and I like to think I have a pretty good grasp, and maybe better than the general population, on the basics of history, but watching this movie made me realize that I hadn't ever been taught about the Tuskegee airmen in school. Were you? Just kind of confused me I guess... It seems like something big and important that I should have been taught. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention and missed it? {History was definitely my least favorite subject}


*****


On another note, Barrett is getting so stinking big! I just want to share with you some of my favorite things about him right now:

  •  How happy he is and how bright red his cheeks are when he wakes up
  • His sweet, adorable, addicting laugh
  • How much he loves food and how quickly he is learning to eat new things
  • How fun it is to watch him try to scoot around {so far he scoots in circles and does the worm backwards}
  • I love watching him try to catch Bogey's tail
  • That he puckers his lips and makes bubbles
  • All of his cute noises and his "talking"
  • When he gets stuck in awkward positions because he wants so badly to crawl
  • That he always  finds the tags on things to eat and play with [makes me want to make him a tag blanket, maybe it could be his lovie]
  • He finally will put himself to sleep about half the time
  • Watching him and TJ interact. I think this might be one of the best things to me. It is so neat to see Barrett light up when TJ gets home or picks him up out of his crib. I don't love that I work three nights a week but I am thankful because the two of them have an awesome bond because of it...


*****


One more thing I want to share... I told you about how I've been trying to eat better and reduce chemicals in our home. Well, I'm very happy to report that I'm still sticking to that (for the most part). I've been eating lots more fruits and veggies. What I've been trying to do is fill up first on them, then eat rice or whatever else, then the meat. I generally end up eating like half the amount of meat compared to what I used to eat. Overall, I've lost a little over five pounds up to this point, but I certainly feel much better! I think my biggest problem is how much I love dessert. I'm not talking "Oh yay I just love dessert let me eat a cookie or two." No. More like, "OH YA I LOVE DESSERT SO MUCH I'M GOING TO EAT THIS WHOLE DAMN PIE! OH THERE IS ICE CREAM TOO?!?! HALLELUJAH!" So I've been trying to make vegan desserts and other basic substitutions to the full fat {and complete deliciousness} recipes. So far it's going well. Like did you know banana is an excellent substitution for butter? Just mash it up to get the desired amount. Also, honey or pure maple syrup is a better choice than sugar. You can also use agave nectar. [Um, I don't keep that in the house and I usually want to make something on a whim and don't really want to drive to the store.] If you want to try one of my desserts, let me know and I'll share recipes with you! And if you have something for me I would looove to try it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment