1.05.2012

Quinoa Babyfood Breakfast

I'm going to explain how I made such a tasty babyfood breakfast for Barrett. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but you really do need to just trust me on this and make it. Honestly, you should whip up a batch right now because you can eat it for breakfast (awesome oatmeal substitute) or even for dessert (better than a cobbler)! If you want to read about the awesomeness that is quinoa, check it out here!

What you'll need:
  • quinoa
  • banana
  • a couple of small apples
  • a can of pears
  • cinnamon (if you want to use spices you can, just double check with your pedi that it's ok)
  • a little butter (again, only if you feel comfortable and it's ok with your boss pedi)
  • water

The very first step in cooking with quinoa is to rinse it. I am not kidding. Don't skip this. If you do, you won't like the taste of it it's very bitter. So, rinse the quinoa and add the water according to your packages directions. I used 1 cup of quinoa and 1 and a 1/2 cups of water. I also added about a half of a tablespoon of butter. Then you cook it kind of like rice... Stir it occasionally and let it absorb the water. After it is done, I added a chunked up banana, a can of pears, and two small apples peeled and chopped into small pieces. Add a little bit more water and some cinnamon and let it all absorb and get soft and delicious, then you could blend it or mash it up more finely. I used a stick blender because I wanted everything to be a bit smaller but not tiny. Anyway, I think I ate about a third of the final product I am not kidding it is super tasty!

Enjoy! Let me know what you think :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment